Playing in an online casino is an exciting and profitable pastime. There are hundreds of clubs for gambling visitors in the virtual space. Among them there are establishments with an impeccable reputation, high ratings and good reviews. But there are also scripted casinos where money is taken from users by fraudulent means. There is another category of clubs – not scammers, but work illegally. Therefore, gamblers are not guaranteed fair payouts. To receive the money won, you need to play in licensed online casinos.
Gambling companies are licensed by international regulators. Before issuing permits, the regulatory authorities carefully check the casino for compliance with the established standards of the gambling industry. This ensures fair gaming and accountability of casino activities to regulators. The most authoritative jurisdictions and regulators:
- Great Britain. The presence of such a license at the casino 100% guarantees gamblers the game in an honest reliable institution. The government of the country strictly monitors compliance with the law by all licensees. The controlling body promptly considers the complaints of the players, makes fair decisions.
- Malta. The license of this jurisdiction is considered prestigious and reliable. The regulator imposes strict requirements on the casino. Companies are required to report periodically and undergo audits. All platforms licensed by Malta are strictly controlled.
- Gibraltar. The supervisory authority that controls gambling activities has a good reputation. In a casino with a license of this jurisdiction, no facts of customer deception have been identified. In order to obtain permits, companies have to complete complex requirements, submit a business plan and prove capital.
- Curaçao. The most common license. Operates in most online casinos in the world. It is in demand by companies due to its affordability, zero income taxes, and minimum requirements for licensees. Verification of the authenticity of Curaçao permits is difficult.
- Costa Rica. The requirements for license recipients are higher than when registering papers in the jurisdiction of Curacao. But the supervisory body practically does not check licensees, does not require reports, including on the random number generator.
Some casinos issue licenses in the jurisdiction of the Isle of Man, the Principality of Monaco, Denmark, and Belgium. Licensors have different rules for obtaining permits, requirements for casino operators, tariffs and tax rates.
How to check the casino license
The presence of a license testifies to the safety, reliability and honesty of a gaming establishment, and helps to gain the trust of gamblers. The permission confirms that the site contains high-quality software, the machines work on the basis of RNG, and the operator cannot influence the results of the spins. To check the casino license, you must:
- go to the official website of the company;
- find a link to a page with a document;
- follow the link to the regulator’s web resource;
- read the license electronically;
- view number, series, permission type.
If there is no link on the casino website, but an unclickable regulator logo is indicated, you need to contact the support service. The technical department of the casino is obliged to provide a link to familiarize yourself with the license. In case of refusal, the gambler should have doubts about the availability of permission.
Before registering at the casino, you should familiarize yourself with the legal information, contact list, Terms and Conditions of the club. Information about permits can be viewed on the licensor’s website or sent a direct request to the regulatory authority.